Hey summer limno fans, here are our dates for 2010. We will have class starting at 9am, room 120 at GHS on JUNE 14th. Class will run daily through Saturday June 19th, with our final exam on Monday June 21st.
This is a TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF OUR ACTIVITIES.
1. Field trip to Hartwick Pines, a visit to the GRAYLING RAIN GARDENS, followed by benthic macroinvertebrate census at the Manistee River.
2. Tuesday - LARGE WOODY DEBRIS project on the Ausable River and insect collection.
3. Wed we'll be in Gaylord primarily doing some water quality testing. Big Lake, Manuka Lake, Otsego Lake, Sturgeon River.
4. Thursday we visit the Oden fish hatchery and camp out near Wolverine.
You should be prepared for our Thursday camping experience. You'll need a tent, sleeping bag/gear and fresh dry clothes (preferably two pair) for our canoe trip the next day. After our Oden hatchery tour we'll hit Subway in Indian River for some food/dinner then head to the campground. In the evening we'll hear from two guest speakers - on one forestry and one on history of the rivers here in northern Michigan.
5. Friday - our big canoe day. You need to pack up a GOOD breakfast for the morning. You WILL be hungry and you need a good full belly for canoeing and you're on your own for your own food. Box lunches will be provided for on the river. We'll hop in the river at Wolverine for a full day canoe trip. Along the way we'll take some water quality measurements and do a benthic macroinvertebrate survey. Its a full 5-7 hours of canoeing and you'll be TIRED. Canoes and lifejackets and paddles will be provided.
6. Saturday we'll work all day gathering data with the Trout Unlimited group on the Pigeon/Black Rivers.
7. Monday - our exam.
shoot me an email if you have questions - email@example.com