Saturday, August 1, 2009
GETTING CLOSE !
A couple summer limno updates!!
1. Monday is a definite for our field trip to Hartwick Pines, meet in my classroom at 9am. We will have a lunch provided on the ride there.
Contrary to my last email, please park in the STUDENT lot or MTEC lot and walk over to my side door.
2. Tuesday we'll be down near Grayling doing some LWD projects and hearing about rain gardens.
3. Wed we'll be in Gaylord primarily doing some water quality testing.
4. Thursday we visit the Oden fish hatchery and camp out near Wolverine. We'll drop our camping gear at the campground on the way to the hatchery.
You should be prepared for our Thursday camping experience. You'll need a tent, sleeping bag/gear and fresh dry clothes (preferably two pair) for our canoe trip the next day. After our Oden hatchery tour we'll hit Subway in Indian River for some food/dinner then head to the campground. In the evening we'll hear from two guest speakers - on one forestry and one on history of the rivers here in northern Michigan.
5. Friday - our big canoe day. You need to pack up a GOOD breakfast for the morning. You WILL be hungry and you need a good full belly for canoeing and you're on your own for your own food. Box lunches will be provided for on the river. We'll hop in the river at Wolverine for a full day canoe trip. Along the way we'll take some water quality measurements and do a benthic macroinvertebrate survey. Its a full 5-7 hours of canoeing and you'll be TIRED. Canoes and lifejackets and paddles will be provided.
6. Saturday we'll work all day gathering data with the Trout Unlimited group on the Pigeon/Black Rivers.
7. Monday - our exam.
shoot me an email if you have questions - email@example.com
this info is also on our website -- http://ghslimno.blogspot.com/